Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Story

Hi there, I'm Deb. veteran marathoner, blogger, former banker, Mommy to 4 1/2 year old boy/girl twins, and CEO of our household. I have been blogging for about 3 years, but unfortunately, I had an event that left me no choice but to delete my other blog. It was incredibly sad for me. 3 years of work, of devotion, of writing and blogging pleasure, down the drain. Because I enjoyed it so much, I am tentatively beginning a new blog, and hoping that I can keep my and my family's identity anonymous.

I have run 6 marathons. The first in Burlington, VT in 1998. Then there was New York in 1999, and 2001, Marine Corps in 2002, and New York again in 2003. Then, after getting married (2004), getting pregnant (2005) and having twins (2006), I finally ran my 6th marathon in 2007 in Greenville, SC.

My next marathon is the ING New York Marathon November 7th, 2010. I am currently 11 weeks into training, and have run one 18-mile long run. I am currently preparing myself for a 20-miler tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Omigosh! I am so sorry to learn you had to leave your other blog behind, but all is NOT lost! You still have readers that love you, and you're back! Happily following. :)

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am so sorry you had to close your other blog. I hope you exported it to your hard drive before you deleted it.
    Like Cheryl said we still love you dearly and wish you and your family only the best.
    Hope your training goes well tomorrow/today.
    Keep shining....keep smiling dear friend.
    Peggy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you lately but couldn't even backtrack and figure out when you last left a comment, so I could click on your link. So, I'm glad to hear from you again. When I get a minute I'll re-follow you, but as you probably saw, I'm not blogging as much as I used to.

    Enjoy your long run. Isn't it amazing what our bodies can do?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're back! I'd missed reading your posts and seeing what I had coming to me :)
    Good Luck on your training!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lady, I was wondering what you were up to! Hope all is well, glad you're back!

    *hugs*
    Steph

    ReplyDelete